A good mix between sledrides, other winter-activities, time for own explorings, 5 nights in the comfortable Eräkeskus Guesthouse, 2 nights in our cosy wilderness cabin. During this week we drive with you for 2 nights up north to Aittokoski, where our dogs enjoy the "day off". While they relax, we start for a snowshoe-hike along the river Jongunjoki, before heading back south to Eräkeskus the following day. As participant you have to be prepared to stand on the sled for several hours, also when it is cold, windy, with fresh or wet snow on the trails, and always support the dogs running in front of your sled.
- Small groups with max. 5 guests,
- almost no scooter-traffic in North-Carelia,
- no scooter-guiding during the trip,
- every date with guaranteed departure, no minimum participants needed,
- and because of the possibility to get in direct contact with the dogs and to spend a lot of time with them every day, before and after the trip.
During the training-runs from/to Eräkeskus we already show you different trail-difficulties and prepare you for the long ride to the cabin. You need to be in a good physical shape to take part in this program, compareable to a 4 - 5-hours-hike with heavy backbag in alpine areas. The distance to Aittokoski is given, there is no possibility to shorten it down.
Still we see our Bears Trail Week suitable for active sporty beginners in dogsledding. If you love nature, dogs, winter, if you believe in your skills and are not easily giving up, then this is the week for you!