A selection of guided day-activities during the winter season
Our guests of the winterweek-program can add an extra activity for their day off. Also if you live nearby and just want to visit us, you can join one of our activities. All guided trips have to be pre-booked to make sure that guide and - if needed - a car is available. Sadly we are unable to confirm an activity that is not booked before arrival.
There aren’t many loud moments at Eräkeskus, but when we harness the dogs it sounds like furies unleashed! After a short briefing in mushing’s techniques you will be able to enjoy the dog’s pure desire on pulling your sled. As soon as the run starts, silence reigns the dog team, leaving the runner’s sound on ice and the dog’s hackle the only sound you hear. We offer passenger journeys with a maximum of three persons (min. one child) on the sled or trips with your own dog-team.
Short Tour for Beginners, 10 - 12 km, about 1 hour driving
- Journey with own dog-team of 4 - 5 dogs per person € 135.--
- Journey as passenger (max. 2 adults + 1 child per sled) € 195.-- (1 adult standing and steering the sled, 1 adult & 1 child sitting in the sled as passenger)
- Journey as passenger on guide's sled € 60.--
- including Team of dogs, Sled theory and Guide
Longer Tour for Gourmets, 18 - 22 km, about 2 1/2 hours driving
- Journey with own dog-team of 4 - 5 dogs per person € 185.--
- Passenger-sled with 6 - 8 dogs for max. 2 adults and 1 child per sled € 275.-- (1 adult standing and steering the sled, 1 adult & 1 child sitting in the sled as passenger)
- journey as passenger on guide´s sled € 90.--
- including team of dogs, driving instructions, guide and lunch after the tour
Wellness & Wilderness: Aittokoski
Relaxing, Sleeping, Sauna & Massage
Can you imagine to have wellness & massage combined in one day?
In our loghouse Aittokoski you can do it! In a small group of 5 - 8 persons you can enjoy this relaxed day on Fiday, Saturday or Sunday.
Program "Wellness in Wilderness"
- Start after breakfast, around 10h00/10h30 from Eräkeskus to the loghouse Aittokoski, about 30 minutes driving time.
- After arrival we start making fire in the house and sauna; your guide is preparing the massage-room as well as snacks, lunch and beverages in the kitchen.
- From 12h00 - 17h00 every guest gets his massage-treatment of 30 - 45 minutes; before and after it you can enjoy the heated wooden sauna and just relax in the cosy warm main room of the loghouse.
- All guests take care of the sauna heating in common; lunch, fruits, tea and coffee is available all day.
- Together we empty the sauna, fill up wood and clean the kitchen, then get ready for the way back around 18h00. Arrival back at Eräkeskus at approx. 18h30.
Rate per person: € 85.-- (30 minutes massage), or € 95.-- (45 minutes massage)
Incl. Sauna-essences, showergel, towels and bathrobe, lunchsoup, fruits, tea, coffee, transfers and guiding/treatment by physiotherapist Caro
Only 7 km away from Eräkeskus is the small nature-reserve of the Lakes Änäkäinen. We drive there by car and then start our showshoe hike around and over the lakes. They are surrounded by a beautiful hilly landscape, formed long ago by glaciers. Along the shores there are old forests or swamp areas. Depending on the thickness of the snow cover we can see remainings from earlier forest fires and from winter war between Russia and Finnland. Our lunch we take on open fire or in the kota, before we head back to Erakeskus.
- Price per person € 80.—
- including snowshoes, ski poles, lunch, guide and transfers
We cooperate with our team-member Caro, a German educated physiotherapist with good English. She will take care of your muscles, tired from a day full of adventure in snow and cold.
- Partial massage € 35.-- for 30 minutes per person
- Partial massage € 50.-- for 45 minutes per person
- Total massage € 60.-- for 60 minutes per person
After car transfer of about 1 hour to the snowmobile-service in Ruunaa and a quick introduction, we will receive the necessary gear for the journey. Riding on our own snowmobiles we will discover lonely forest trails, frozen lakes and rivers for about 3 hours. Lunch is served on open fire during the tour. After the trip, transfer back to Eräkeskus.
Price per person with 1 scooter € 250.--
2nd person riding on same snow mobile € 175.--
Minimum 2 participants needed
including transfers, snow mobile, fuel & oil, insurance (deductible € 650.— per accident), equipment, English speaking guide and lunch